Monday, October 26, 2009

My First Attempt To Bake Cookies


When I was in Texas, I tried to bake cookies for the first time. I've been baking cakes, muffins and bread but I never tried baking cookies. I thought of baking some home-made cookies because my hubby likes it. I baked oatmeal-butterscotch cookies and to my surprise they turned out good. They were not as good as those cookies that I've been eating though but they're still edible. Perhaps if I keep on baking cookies, I will get better. Good thing is, my hubby liked the cookies and he ate most of it.



Here's the recipe:

Sensibly Delicious Oatmeal-Butterscotch Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or grated peel of 1 orange
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Butterscotch Morsels

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats and morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

0 comments: