Friday, March 23, 2012

Remembering My Aunt

It's been 2 years and 1 month since my beloved aunt went to be with the Lord. I wrote about her here in this post. The pain is not as bad as when she just left us but I still do remember her. How could I forget my aunt who had been with me and my siblings since our birth. She was our 2nd mom who cared for us and loved us dearly. I just wished I could turn back the time so I can take care of her too when she got old.

I was in the states when her dementia sets in. She became so forgetful and she didn't even remember my name when I got back from the US. I was deeply saddened that time. I was able to be with her for only a year since we came back in my homeland. For that span of time, I was able to tell her I love her when we were talking. I gave her a bath and washed her clothes too. Those times were not enough to give back to her all the things she had done for us. My dear auntie, I really miss you so much. Thank you for all the sacrifices and love you showed us.

0 comments: