Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Camp

It's exactly 2 years now since I had the chance to attend summer camp for the kids in our church at Royal C Ranch in Eufaula, Oklahoma. Erica, the daughter of our assistant pastor invited me to go with them so even just for 2 days I took the opportunity to go because I’ve never been to a summer camp before. I've heard a lot about summer camp but I don't have any idea what they do there. We left Wichita Falls at 6:00 AM and it was a four hour drive to Royal C Ranch. There were many activities there like singing, games, preaching and also eating. The preaching was good, it really blessed me. There was also a preaching competition for the boys and it really amazed me to hear those young boys preaching the Word of God. Many kids got saved and accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. There were also young boys who made a decision to surrender their life to preach and others to be missionaries. They were still very young but they have decided to serve God and that’s the best decision they have ever made. I believe that most of the kids who went there were not the same when they went back home because the Lord had changed their lives. It was a five day camp for them and others don’t even want to go home yet. It felt so relax to be away from all the busyness of life and just stay there in the camp, no tv, no internet. Instead we enjoyed seeing nature, the animals, meeting new people and most especially listening to the songs, and preaching. It was truly a blessing!

Camp_011

Dscn0676

Camp_002

Camp_023

Camp_034

2 comments:

J said...

kumusta na manang. kailan na balik ninyo dito?

juliana

eva said...

nice outdoor activities.

allaboutevamee
yellownpink
starbuckscitymug