Monday, August 24, 2009

Balloon Festival

Our weekend getaway in Oklahoma 2 years ago was spent mostly by watching the Balloon Festival in Tahlequah. As I wrote in my previous post, we stayed in a vacation house in Cookson. Friday evening we went to watch the balloon glow. I was surprised to see lots of people there. It was my first time to watch a balloon festival and those balloons were really huge and colorful. I took some photos when they had those balloons lighted up and twinkled. After the balloon glow, they had a fireworks show to wrap up the day’s event.


The next day, we went again to watch when they flew the balloons after we had our lunch. It took a while to wait. While waiting on the balloons to fly, there was a live concert but I didn’t really care about it because I don’t like those kind of music. It’s good that a group of Gospel singers sang next and we sat down and listened to their songs. The balloons flew later than what was scheduled because there was a shower in the afternoon. It’s good they decided to fly anyway but not a lot of them because of the rain.


5 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Wowowow ate lisa, wish I could see event like that, I haven't seen one kasi.. Parang very romatic noh..

Filipina said...

hi Lis, what a very relaxing weekend for you.mayron din plang festival na ganoon..I love that.sana mayron din ganyan na festival d2 sa pinas..ingats po!

Dhemz said...

oh my...ganda naman nito teLis...wish to ride one...kaso sobrang mahal eh...kakaloka...hehehehe! thanks for sharing te...salamat pala sa greetings...sweet nyo naman....:) ingat po lagi!

Meryl (proud pinay) said...

wow! ang ganda! ^_^ sana makasakay din ako minsan sa ganyan ^_^ thanks po sa pag share ^_^ taga TX po pala kayo ^_^ dyan mo ang mga sis-in-law ko pero baka malayo kayo sa kanila...laki po kc ng TX ^_^

eva said...

nice pictures.

allaboutevamee
yellownpink
starbuckscitymug