Saturday, December 13, 2008

Trip To San Francisco

Time flies so fast. It's been 5 years since my hubby and I went to California to visit Lina, my best friend in college. When she learned that I was already here in the US, she kept calling me and asked me to go and visit her and her family in Stockton. So my hubby and I flew there and stayed there for 3 weeks. I was happy to see her because it's been a while since we saw each other. She and her husband had been very hospitable to us for the whole time we were there. One of our college friends, Cesar and his wife and youngest daughter were also there visiting. So it's like we had a reunion. My friends took us to different tourist attractions in California. First, they took us to Golden Gate in San Francisco which is just more than an hour drive from Stockton. I was so delighted to see the Golden Gate and we took some photos there. Imagine, I only used to watch this place in the movies then I got to see it that day. Then we drove across the Golden Gate bridge and went to the other side. There were many tourists there and we took some photos again.

Then we drove to Lombar Street, this is what they call the long and winding road. The view was spectacular and we stopped by and took some photos in that street. After that, we went to find the house of one of our college classmates there and we got lost on the way. We managed to find the address after a few turns and it was the birthday of the daughter of our classmate so we had free foods. After eating and chatting, we drove back to my friends' home. We had a good time that day.

Here are some souvenir photos taken in San Francisco 5 years ago. I didn't have a digital camera yet that time so I just scanned these photos. My apologies if they are not that clear.

on the other side of the Golden Gate
with my hubby and friends
at Lombar street, the long and winding road in San Francisco. We had to stop the traffic just to take photos, he-he!!! As you can see the road is only one way...

0 comments: